Ampthill Development Action Group Register Covanta Objection
November 1, 2010 by nicolarr
The recently formed Ampthill Development Action Group (ADAG) has registered with the IPC objecting to the proposed development.
ADAG has been formed to oppose inappropriate and environmentally damaging development in the vicinity of Ampthill. The site of this proposed facility is within 4 miles of Ampthill Town Centre. The ADAG objections to the development can be summarised under the following headings:
- Potential air pollution from chimney
- Increased HGV traffic movements leading to road congestion
- Air pollution
- Concern at production, transport and disposal of fly ash
- Light pollution from a site operating 24 hours a day.
- Visual impact of such a large industrial facility
ADAG regard this as being all part of the same struggle. ADAG also have an on line petition regarding the general over development of Ampthill and surrounds at http://www.gopetition.com/petition/39822.html
MMAG welcomes ADAG as a new ally in the anti Covanta fight.